Now with SOUND!
Ok, the sound is 8-bit created with BFXR, but hey, what do you expect from a game modeled on an 8-bit classic? Since the initial upload of Pytillery, we've implemented a number of refinements.
- The game now begins with an attract screen which includes the player control scheme and victory condition.
- We've actually defined a victory condition!
- Players now compete to be the first to score three (3) hits.
- Upon achieving victory, the game pauses for five (5) seconds to allow for basking and trash talking and then returns to the attract screen.
- There was a superfluous calculation of the wind speed and drawing of the wind sock. We removed that.
- The simulation speed for the shell's flight was increased to improve the pacing of the game.
- Sound effects were added for
- shell launch
- shell explosion
- point scored
- victory achieved
This will likely be the last update for a while, but over this coming summer, we would like to include the ability for the player to change the angle of their cannon. Since Turtle doesn't rotate image stamps, we will have to reconsider how we're displaying the players' turrets.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.